Do you need to talk to someone or want more information about your healthcare?

There are a range of support services and resources available for people who receive methadone or buprenorphine across New South Wales.

[/vc_column_text][vc_separator border_width=”3″][vc_column_text]

Opioid Treatment Line (OTL)

The Opioid Treatment Line (OTL) is a NSW-wide helpline that provides opioid pharmacotherapy information, referrals and advice to people are on or are seeking treatment.[/vc_column_text][vc_message message_box_style=”solid-icon” message_box_color=”success” icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-phone”]You can give the Opioid Treatment Line (OTL) a call on:

1800 642 428 (free call)
Monday to Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM[/vc_message][vc_empty_space height=”35px”][vc_column_text]

NSW Users and AIDS Association (NUAA)

The NSW Users and AIDS Association (NUAA) is a peer-based organisation for people who use drugs. Several NUAA staff members have personal experience of being on a Medically Assisted Treatment for Opioid Dependence (MATOD) program and can offer you information and advice peer-to-peer.

NUAA also publishes a magazine called Users News, which focuses on different topics relevant to people with a lived experience of drug use.[/vc_column_text][vc_message message_box_style=”solid-icon” message_box_color=”success” icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-phone”]You can give the NSW Users and AIDS Association (NUAA) a call on:

(02) 8354 7300 or 1800 644 413 (free call)
Monday to Friday 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM

or get in contact via their online form.[/vc_message][vc_empty_space height=”35px”][vc_column_text]

From Another State or Territory? 

If you are from another state or territory in Australia, don’t forget that sometimes laws and regulations are different, and that this site has advice specific to people in New South Wales. Talk to your doctor if you are unsure about anything.

There are also other peer-based organisations (like NUAA) for each state or territory; you can check out the Australian Injecting and Illicit Drug Users League (AIVL) website, which maintains a list of local peer-based organisations.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”35px”][vc_column_text]

Other Resources

You can check out some extra resources below that talk about driving safety. Some are specific for people on treatment, while others are more general:

    • Your Room is a joint initiative by NSW Health and St Vincent’s Alcohol and Drug Information Service. The site contains general advice and information about alcohol and other drugs, plus where you can go to get further support and access to treatment.

[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”35px”][/vc_column][/vc_row]